MORE WINE PLEASE
When I had the opportunity of relocating from Lagos to Owerri, I saw it as an opportunity to be nearer home. It has been a long time since I stepped my foot in my village, sorry, homestead. While, some people did so once every year due to the pressures of work, others traveled home twice a year, especially during festive periods (Easter and Christmas). But for me, not visiting home was a thing of pride. I wanted to acquire education, fame and fortune before visiting home to announce my ‘arrival’. On arrival at the Sam Mbakwe airport, I took a cab to a waiting apartment somewhere in the heart of the Eastern Heartland. It was there I found out that the city I left seven to 10 years ago, had recorded very conspicuous transformation. There had been significant effort in tree planting and beautification of the city. Street trading had been outlawed and thus transportation to some extent in the heart of the city was easy. But what marvelled me was the indiscriminate erection of hotels in ...
Comments
Post a Comment